Friday 6 December 2013

MY MADIBA ... MY TATA ...





I must have been about 3 years old running around in my diaper (aka napken) , 1983 in Orlando West ext , on Mampuru street in Soweto.
The streets were a buzz with Freedom Chants , Free Mandela songs and Struggle quotes!
I apparently got so used to this 'FREE MANDELA' lifestyle, my mother & I  even recall the Hippo's (Gov. police/Military then) doing their regular ups and downs on our street in their BIG Military 4X4's and as she was pulling me away from the gate , away from them , rushing me back into the house , I sneaked in a quick word to those white men and I yelled out ...  "Si fun'uMandela" !! "Si fun'uMandela" !!




KHABODACIOUS AT 4 YEARS OLD


This was obviously the talk around my hood at that time and as a little ambitious eaves dropping 3 year old , it was embedded in me! The association between the 'Hippo's (Gov police)' Versus the Man I was always hearing about (The Hero)  made me decipher and have the right to yell "Si fun' uMandela" !



K' ON MOMMY ON MY BIRTHDAY

This has stayed with me through out my life, my mother reminding me of this incidence year after year also adds fuel to my fire! Lol!

Today, I'm a strong, confident and FEARLESS Artist because of HIS influence ! #MyMADIBA

Teach this to your kids, influence them! May his legacy live on through YOU and ME !

DACIOUS AS A DANCER AT  SUN CITY

DACIOUS AS A SHOWGIRL , SUN CITY


I Love you Tata. Lala ngoXolo !
#MyMADIBA





MY MADIBA ... MY TATA ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

EYE CANDY