Monday 12 March 2012

KHA' ... IS STEPPING UP ...ON ETV





Dacious the Animale ...Grrr!




Wow .... what an amazing journey I've been on ... and I'm humbled to announce that I'm now a Judge on ETV'S DANCE REALITY SHOW ... "STEP UP OR STEP OUT" !!!
Now, lets talk, I've been watching this show and I really enjoyed the previous season... the concept , the DANCE SHOTS and EDITING had me the most ! I Loved the variety and experience the judges brought and i was blown away by some of the groups... So you can imagine my reaction when the producers of the show contacted me ... AAAAAAAAAAAAH ... *I ACTUALLY DIED A LITTLE !!!* the rest as they say is now History ... LOL!!!

I stand... for something !


We kicked off the Audition process in Johannesburg and what an experience.... just watching dancers pour their hearts out on that dance floor , there was in fact blood on the dance floor , at times, I couldn't even contain myself .... some dance crews just make me wanna jump out of my "JUDGES" chair .... aaaaand others made me ... "SIT DOWN" ! Hmmmmmm...

Our next stop was Bloemfontein , I still wish more crews came out to share their talents with us, Coz i know for a fact that FREE STATE can Daaaance, but ... the groups i saw ..... Moved me !!! Durban , P.E , Cape Town ... "YOU. ARE. NEXT"
I Cant wait for "You" to see how we make it all happen ... from the Producers , D.o.p , Sound , Cameras, Set designers , Wardrobe , Make up WOW ... ALL IS SOOOOO ON POINT !!!!
I'm also a huge fan and admirer of my co- Judges Arthur Mafokate and Emile Jansen. The experience they bring , they contribute themselves to the show . I admire and am inspired by that level of commitment.... BUT privately ... they are INSANE !!! I LOOOOOOOOOVE IT !!! Emile has given me crash course on our deeply hidden S.A history (Free phela), and Arthur , as a father and Icon has made me realise that living a genuine simple yet hard working life is... KING !!!

YO, DONT GET IT TWISTED: Of course as Judges we have our different views and wont always see eye to eye! Yes i know "YOU" cant wait to see THAT Drama ... and oh boy ... YOU WILL !!!



Face Off...
CATCH US STEPPING UP ON ETV Sunday 29 APRIL 2012 !!!
"YOU. WANT. TO"
- Dacious

Pictures by : DEBBIE YAZBEK
Dressed by : JUST TONITE JOSEPHINE

1 comment:

EYE CANDY