Wednesday 30 July 2014

MY NELSON MANDELA WEEKEND

MY NELSON MANDELA WEEKEND IN THE EASTERN CAPE ... e MTHATHA !!!
 

 


I was on that flight and I just couldn't wait to land as I knew that I was landing on royalty... Eastern Cape , eMTHATHA was the destination and I was off to ... "MY NELSON MANDELA WEEKEND" !!!

 
DANCE FOR TATA

What an honour it was to be invited to MVEZO , to our icon , u tata' uNelson Mandela's birthplace and QUNU where he was finally laid to rest.

Thank goodness for an awesome team Open View HD who are passionate about schools as much as I am. We gave away a few Open View HD boxes and promoted the Educational Channels on the platform ...like Mindset , DaVinci and ...... MORE

 

The first school we visited was J.S Skensana in DUTYWA. These learners are brilliant, I did my EDUTAINMENT activation with them ... All they had to do was re enact their favourite TV show using the content they’re learning at school. This is what I call re- channeling the content of what’s learnt in the classroom via an Artisti - Theatrical channel. Not all kids learn and grasp contents the same way in the classroom, other learners need a different outlet , a different way to channel what they’ve learnt.



 The next school we went to was Milton Mbekela SSS in QUNU where I activated the learners through song ! Think about it , they know ALL the latest tracks by heart , imagine all those songs , lyrics being school content … BRILLIANT IDEA … I see You like it … yeah , thought so , that’s exactly how the Department of Communication deputy  Minister Miss Stella AND head of Open View HD ‘Mr MAXWELL NONGE’ reacted too !!!
 
 
 


Lastly we went to QUNU … Where our Tata Madiba was finally laid to rest … What a beautiful , serene and tranquil place !! The school we HAD to visit was THE NELSON MANDELA SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY !! Such amazing scholars … The brilliance , the humility , the LOVE and HUNGER to learn blew me away !! Our current president , uBab’u Jacob Zuma also came through , along with the Minister of Arts and Culture Mister Nathi Mthethwa graced us with their presence.







I then closed off by activating the kids with an amazing creative “workout in the classroom” regime! The kids , teachers and headmaster went crazy for this concept , what an honour ! We all know that a Healthy mind = a Healthy body !! So that was the message there … so we continue to produce 100% end year results !!!
 
 
VIVA EDUCATION !!!
 
 

 
AND THEN ........... WE DANCED !!!!!!!!
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

EYE CANDY